Spirituality relates to any experience that brings us in touch with the Divine, with nature, the cosmos and, most importantly, connecting with ourselves.
What are the signs of spiritual awakening?
Awakening is a phase without an ending, but when we are awakened, several common checkpoints occur. Those are uncertainty, restlessness, push and pull, darkness, connection, synchronicity, authenticity, higher consciousness, and unlimited love. In other words, these checkpoints can potentially change a person’s life.
What is Spiritual Awakening?
Can we define the signs of spiritual awakening?
When a person experiences and goes through a spiritual awakening, we can say that he or she wakes up to life. He questions his old values, routines, and social conditions and begins to evaluate life in a different way after that. Opening your third eye can be directly connected to your spiritual awakening.
Signs of Spiritual Awakening
Going through the spiritual awakening journey can be a very confusing and lonely experience but at the same time one of the most precious life experiences. If a person is on the spiritual awakening path, he will experience some of the phases below.
- A person thinks that he’s living a fake life. Everything on which he worked seems to be wrong. Therefore, something that gave him joy and pleasure, can’t bring happiness and fulfillment anymore.
- A person begins to search for a purpose. He strongly wishes to know the meaning and purpose of his life. The person has no clue about it but is trying desperately to find the meaning. He’ll be surrounded by a feeling of “missing,” something is missing, like a piece of his soul.
- A person doesn’t feel satisfied with what he is experiencing. He feels frustrated, without hope and like being on an edge. Finally, the need for transformation gives a momentum for his awakening cycle. The need for simplifying his life occurs. In other words, that means entirely cutting off from the people who play a toxic role in his life. He must re-evaluate his habits too. He’ll try to work on improving his career, like finding a new job, a job that will please him more in a sense of fulfillment. Most notably, he will start giving away almost all of what possesses.
- He begins to ask questions with deep meanings like: “What am I doing here?”, “What is the purpose of my life?”, “What about people that are suffering”? The person starts to think philosophically. He feels upset by these intense thoughts because there will be no answers to those questions.
- A person realizes that the things learned in life are just a lie. He will begin to question himself, his views, emotions, and values. By doing that, he discovers that all of these are not his own, but rather inherited from the people around him or from the society in which he lives.
- All that surrounds him will begin to crumble, darkness covers him on all sides. But he must be in this darkness to realize the true measure of light. He feels bothered by this world’s situation, misery, greed, egoism, and even the environmental or climatic conditions. This loneliness will cause him to want to be alone. He’ll wonder how he can fit in with this society. He is going to feel lost, and lonely. Therefore, no one will understand his feelings.
- To the person who is on the path of spiritual awakening, materialism and wealth mean nothing and have no value. On the other hand, he begins to feel people’s pain.
- He will be desirous of isolation and therefore feel the introverted side of his personality, although once he has been an extrovert and will start to enjoy the peace in the silence while listening to his conscience. The person will try to minimize social interaction and probably cross paths with his old and gold friends at this stage.
Spiritual awakening is seen as initiation on the spiritual journey. However, without going through it, a person’s life is chasing the emptiness of wealth, fame, love, and power. It is that part of humanity that allows a person to experience his connection to the moment, to himself, to others, to nature, and to the Significant. It happens at an unpredictable time, but at a moment of extreme need. A person cannot prepare for it. It enters his life and appears to be a storm that changes everything while making a huge impact.